When your body is out of balance, the effects can go beyond simple discomfort. Imbalance can put a tremendous amount of stress on your entire body, and this stress can manifest in symptoms such as numbness, tingling, tightness, sore muscles, and even pain. While simple, everyday activities can lead to imbalance and stress, general chiropractic care can help relieve these issues without the need to resort to drugs or surgeries.
Chiropractic care is a natural healing method that can help alleviate pain and retrain your body to take care of itself. Using a variety of techniques, a chiropractor is able to locate and correct areas of misalignment within the spine.
A Holistic Approach To Healthcare
Many people probably think of a chiropractor as someone who treats neck or back pain. However, quality chiropractic care involves looking at each patient as an individual, examining their overall health and well-being, and developing a deeper understanding of their unique needs. Rather than simply trying to fix the problem, our goal is to pinpoint the cause and address it in order to provide lasting results.
To provide his patients with the best possible outcome, Dr. Tom Bomberg takes the time to get to know his patients on an individual basis. There are many factors that can have an impact on your health and well-being, including your occupation, diet, and physical activity. By understanding how these and other factors are affecting your health and well-being, Dr. Bomberg is able to develop a treatment plan that is specifically tailored to you.
Common Causes Of Misalignment
Misalignment of the spine is more common than you might imagine, and the causes range from everyday stress to unexpected injury. Here are some of the most common causes we see in our clinic:
- Sports Injuries. Whether you’re into high-impact sports or simply enjoy the occasional bike ride, injuries can occur during our favorite athletic activities. Injuries to muscles, joints, and tendons can all lead to misalignment and discomfort.
- Auto Accidents. Even a minor fender bender can have a dramatic impact on your body. While you may feel fine initially, you may notice symptoms starting to crop up in the days following an auto accident. The impact of a collision can cause your spine to shift out of alignment.
- Workplace Injuries. Physically demanding jobs can lead to misalignment, either through injury or overuse of muscles. Even if you spend your workday seated at a desk, poor posture can have an affect on the alignment of your spine.
- Repetitive Motion. Not all back injuries are caused by a major traumatic event. In fact, many injuries are caused by longer-term, normal wear and tear caused by repetitive movements. Basic, everyday activities can gradually shift the spine out of alignment. Because this shift happens so slowly, it may go undetected until the problem becomes more severe.
When To Seek Care
While misalignment may be common, that doesn’t mean you’re stuck suffering with the side effects. If you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms, it may be time to seek chiropractic care:
- Sore or stiff neck and back
- Muscle spasms or numbness
- Joint pain
- Reduced range of motion
If the stress of everyday life has compromised your body’s strength, the team at Bomberg Chiropractic can help! Pain and discomfort are signals that indicate that it’s time to seek the help of a health care specialist. Dr. Bomberg offers safe, gentle, and effective treatment options for injuries, chronic pain, limited mobility, and other ailments at his clinic.
To learn more about the benefits of chiropractic care, and how you can get started, contact Dr. Bomberg’s office today. During our consultation process, we will learn more about your individual concerns and develop a treatment plan that is tailored to address them.