At Bomberg Chiropractic, we specialize in back pain both in the lower region and in the shoulder area. Many of the patients that come to us complain of having pain in the lower back, and muscular tension across the shoulders and neck area. In some case, the pain is severe. Upon further research, we’ve discovered that many of these patients have desk jobs in which they sit in a chair for at least 8 hours with a few breaks in-between.
Sitting All Day and Back Pain
What happens when you sit all day? Our chiropractic care center has observed that sitting falls in the category of prolonged positioning. If you remain in the same position for long periods, then it puts a tremendous amount of strain on the pressure points of that position. What are these pressure points?
● The Muscles. Deterioration occurs when certain muscles are used very little if at all. This is especially true in the glutes and calves.
● Nerves. The nerves need constant movement to work properly. Sitting all day long causes pinched and strained nerves. Long periods of this will trigger nerve spasms.
● Slouching. You may not realize when you are slouching at work, but you feel it in your body. The weight of your head, neck, and shoulders, can cause spine curvature due to the weight (approximately 11 pounds in the average person).
● Lumbar Discs. Quite possibly the greatest consequence of sitting all day long is experiencing chronic pain in the lumbar discs of the spine. This same position cause vertebrae to crunch together. Eventually, you’ll feel it.
Chiropractic Treatment Can Help
Chiropractic procedure can ease the pain in your body after you’ve been sitting for long periods. If you are experiencing soreness in the neck and back, severe headaches, muscle spasms, joint pain, or high levels of fatigue, one of our specialists can provide comprehensive treatment that takes care of all of these problems and helps you to feel better after a long day at work.
We have a special program designed for our ‘corporate athletes’ - those who are subjected to sitting all day, every day. The program includes:
● Spine Adjustments. We utilize a wide range of modern techniques that are easy on the spine, but highly effective. You’ll not only feel better, but your spine will be realigned.
● Movement Based Massage. We will examine and treat the soft tissue in your muscle using movement as a means to correct the problems. Movement can reduce the pain in the muscles, nerves, and tendons
Schedule a Chiropractic Session with Dr. Bomberg
If you are suffering from severe pain due to sitting for a long period, then contact Bomber Chiropractic. We treat patients every day who, just like you, experience back, neck, and shoulder pain while working in the office. Call us today at 763-450-1755. If you have pain, we can help!